title3 Pery Medal - Ali Ross. Skiing course France

Ali Ross Skiing Clinics

 DVD for Ali Ross Skiing Clinics - skiing course France

Ski better than you ever thought possible

How do I meet up with the ski course?

Introductory Meeting

This is held on Sunday evening in the downstairs bar at the Hotel Arbina at 5.30 promptly. This gives everyone the opportunity to meet the other members of the group, find out about how the ski courses work, where we meet for skiing and so on. This meeting is the official start of the course.


Where should I book skiing accommodation?

You should book accommodation in Tignes le Lac (the centre) or Le Lavachet.  Val Claret or the lower villages are not convenient for the course meeting places,unless you are prepared to take the bus or drive.  Please ask us if you aren't sure about location of accommodation as we can usually identify where it is.


Are there evening meetings during the week?

Apart from the Sunday introductory ski meeting, we have a debriefing session on the Friday evening, at 5.30.


How can I book a skiing course?

Please link here to the skiing course booking page for more details.


Which ski lift pass do I need?

Please buy an Espace Killy ski lift pass, which covers both ski resorts, Tignes and Val D'Isere. You may find that your accommodation package offers a ski pass, but please check .


Is there any recommended ski hire?

We only recommend Ski Fast, Rue de la Poste, Telephone 0033 47 906 3344. Email guy.clarey@wanadoo.fr. They speak English. Ask for Jean-Charles and mention that you are attending an Ali Ross ski course. (Editor's note: Having used Jean-Charles, personally, many times over the years I believe they offer a good, honest service and come highly recommended by anyone I speak to)


When do I need to arrive at the resort for the skiing course?

Your travel arrangements should allow you to be in Tignes by Sunday afternoon at the latest.  If you are delayed for any reason and can't attend the Sunday 5.30 ski course introduction meeting, please phone (0044)788 0551360.


Do I need any special ski equipment?

For Advanced ski courses, especially, please bring your own transceivers and rucksacks if you have them. We supply transceivers if you don't already have them, but it is well worth the relatively modest outlay to have your very own, which you can practise with if you know someone who has one too. Maybe to play hide and seek around the house on those long winter evenings!


Is there anything else important to remember?

EHIC (European Health Insurance Card)  Check the expiry date. Its validity must cover the dates you are abroad.  Renewals are free from the DWP. Don't order from commercial sites - you will be charged.


Top up health insurance. Many people don't know that the EHIC only covers about 70% -80% of emergency treatment in France.  


Carte Neige insurance - You can buy this with your lift pass and it is very cheap. If you get carted  off the mountain, the pisteur service like to see it as proof of insurance, but it covers ski accidents only, so if you slip on ice in the street and hurt yourself,  it won't cover that, hence the above advice. Carry all the above documents with your lift pass.


Mobile phone with SOS numbers on your contacts list ie Piste patrol & public ambulance (Samu).


How can I pay for the ski course?

We  accept pounds sterling by inter bank electronic transfer or by  cheque. An e-invoice will be sent giving payment details


If you pay in Euros, the amount due depends on the exchange rate at the time of booking, so please enquire if you are paying from the Eurozone.


Ski courses/dates Skiing course Accommodation Skiing course Travel Beautiful views on the skiing course